The holiday season is just around the corner and you know what that means… time to start planning your NYC trip! Don’t wait until last minute! With so much to do in the city during the holidays, you want to make sure you experience it all! Here’s our guide for planning you holiday trip!
1. Choose How You’re Going To Sightsee NYC
New York City is one of the TOP cities to visit during the holiday season. We know, the amount of sightseeing options can be overwhelming. Well, the best option when seeing the city is choosing a sightseeing package!
Now think, what are you planning on doing on your trip? How long will you be in the city? Would you like to just see the attractions, take a bus tour, or both?
Here are some of our BEST packages for those visiting NYC:
- The Sightseeing Pass is an unlimited pass with access to over 60 attractions, Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tours, and exclusive admission to One World Observatory! You can sightsee with this pass for 1, 2, 3, 5 or 7 days.
- The FreeStyle Pass provides you with 72 Hour Access to our 4 Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tours, free Night Tour, and a choice of 3, 5, or 7 attractions! This pass is unique in that it includes exclusive live events!
- Coming to NYC on an extended trip? The FlexPass is for you! You have 30 days to see the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 attractions you choose, and you can upgrade to have 3-Day Bus Tour access!
- Just want to go on a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour? No Problem! The All Around Town (48 or 72 Hours) Tour gives you access to our 4 Bus Tour Loops, CitySightseeing Hop-on Hop-off Ferry Tour, and you receive an Eat and Play Discount Card!
So, choose the option that best fits what you want to do on your trip!
2. Make Your NYC Holiday To Do List!
There are an endless amount of things to do during the holiday season in NYC! Besides the amazing things you can do year-round in the city, there are special happenings during the holidays. Of course, you have to visit Rockefeller Center! The rink is already open, and the famous Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree will go up on November 30th!
Insider Tip: When you go to Rockefeller Center, walk to Saks Fifth Avenue (on 5th Ave. between E 49th and E 50th Street)! Every year they have a light show at night to holiday music!
You can’t go to NYC during the holidays without seeing the Christmas Spectacular starring the Radio City Rockettes! This show is truly a tradition for Native New Yorker’s and those visiting the city for the first time! It is a truly magical show that anyone visiting should see! Performances start November 11th! See this sneak peek at this year’s show!
NYC is also known for its amazing holiday window displays. If you only have time to see one, Macy’s Herald Square has the best! The unveiling usually happens late November. Wonder what this year’s theme will be? Last year, the theme was Charlies Brown and the Peanuts gang!
Need to do some holiday shopping? Then make sure to visit the various holiday markets in the city including at Bryant Park and Columbus Circle!
Just want to relax and see all the beautiful holiday lights? Then take the Holiday Lights Night Tour starting November 28th!
These are just some of the many, many holiday activities to put on your to do list!
3. Go on your trip and have FUN!
Now that you have your trip all planned, enjoy it and have FUN! There’s nothing like having one of a kind experiences with your family and friends! Make sure to take many photos and videos of your trip and share them with CitySightseeing NY on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Have a wonderful holiday season and a great time in New York City! #BestThingsNYC